Penne with Artichokes, Walnuts, and Olives
This is such a delicious dish!
The greatness lies in its simplicity.
All the flavors – the artichokes, the walnuts, the sun-dried tomatoes, the kalamata olives – they’re all just so good together.
I served this with a simple bowl of mixed olives from the olive bar at the market and that was all that was needed to round out this meal.
And the family inhaled in it record time so this one’s a keeper, for sure.
Ingredients for Penne with Artichokes, Walnuts, and Olives:
- penne pasta
- olive oil
- artichokes in oil
- kalamata olives
- oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- vegetable broth
- Italian flat-leaf parsley
How to make Penne with Artichokes, Walnuts, and Olives:
More pasta recipes:
Spaghetti Artichoke Barigoule – With the light flavors of artichokes, lemon, and fresh basil pesto, this is a perfect warm-weather pasta!
Vegan Spinach Parmesan Fettuccine – With only five ingredients and a start-to-finish time of 30 minutes or less, this has become one of our favorite go-to meals when we’re short on time or just want the simplicity of an easy, no-fuss pasta dinner.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Shiitake Mushrooms – If you love rich, creamy, mushroomy, garlicky, Alfredo-y deliciousness, then this is the dish for you!
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 14 ounces artichokes in oil drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley minced
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring frequently, for one minute.
- Stir in the walnuts, artichokes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the broth and reduce heat to a simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Adjust seasoning and serve warm.