Corn Chip Taco Salad ~
This classic summer salad is great for casual dinners and potlucks! Ready to serve in about an hour.
Sweet corn, fresh bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, scallions, and dairy-free cheddar cheese are combined with vegan mayonnaise, sour cream, and simple seasonings then tossed with lettuce and corn chips for a fun and tasty side salad.
Ingredients for Corn Chip Taco Salad:
- sweet corn
- vegan cheddar cheese
- scallions – also known as green onions
- red bell pepper
- jalapeno pepper
- vegan mayonnaise
- vegan sour cream
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- iceberg lettuce
- corn chips – I use Fritos
How to make Corn Chip Taco Salad:
Into a large mixing bowl, add corn, scallions, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
Cover and set in the refrigerator until chilled through, at least 1 hour.
Just prior to serving, gently stir in shredded lettuce and corn chips.
Can this be made in advance?
Most of the prep can even be done up to a day ahead. It is important to note though that the final steps of adding lettuce and corn chips should be reserved for the last minute, just prior to serving.
How do I store leftovers?
You don’t. This salad is meant to be enjoyed within an hour or two of serving. Beyond that, the chips begin to lose their crunch.
More easy crowd-favorites:
Spicy Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
Corn Chip Taco Salad
- 1 15-ounce can sweet corn drained
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegan sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 cups corn chips
- Into a large mixing bowl, add corn, scallions, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and set in the refrigerator until chilled through, at least 1 hour.
- Just prior to serving, gently stir in shredded lettuce and corn chips.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
This delicious salad is perfect for a picnic in the park ☀️
I agree! Thanks, Tina!