Cajun Spiced Stuffed Mushrooms
Today, I’m sharing a super easy appetizer bursting with flavor!
Stuffed mushrooms are definitely one of my go-to appetizers because I love that the filling can usually be made a day or two in advance.
With these guys, you can control the heat to make them as mild or spicy as you like; it’s all in the heat of your peppers and seasoning.
Want to stretch the filling a bit beyond six mushrooms? Stir in a tablespoon or two breadcrumbs and/or add a small handful of shredded vegan cheddar.
- Cajun Spiced Stuffed Mushrooms
- Author: This Wife Cooks
- Serves: 6
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 6 medium size cremini mushrooms stems and gills removed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. add onion, green pepper, red pepper, and jalapeño. Cook, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and Cajun seasoning. Continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese and parsley.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom. Bake 12-15 minutes.