Cajun Spiced Stuffed Mushrooms
Today, I’m sharing a super easy appetizer bursting with flavor!
Stuffed mushrooms are definitely one of my go-to appetizers because I love that the filling can usually be made a day or two in advance.
With these guys, you can control the heat to make them as mild or spicy as you like; it’s all in the heat of your peppers and seasoning.
Want to stretch the filling a bit beyond six mushrooms? Stir in a tablespoon or two breadcrumbs and/or add a small handful of shredded vegan cheddar.
- Cajun Spiced Stuffed Mushrooms
- Author: This Wife Cooks
- Serves: 6
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 6 medium size cremini mushrooms stems and gills removed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. add onion, green pepper, red pepper, and jalapeño. Cook, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and Cajun seasoning. Continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese and parsley.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom. Bake 12-15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Mention @thiswifecooks or tag #thiswifecooks!
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Hi – what happens if I don’t use vegan cream cheese?
Your stuffed mushrooms will be vegetarian instead of vegan. I use vegan cream cheese but dairy-based cream cheese will work just as well. Happy New Year!
Made your stuffed mushrooms for a snack when my friends came over. They were delightful, thank you!
these stuffed mushroom caps are delish! I love all the spices and textures
These are great appetizers! So flavorful and yummy!
Yum! Love the fresh, yet comforting flavors in this delightful dish. A great option for entertaining!
Love this cajun flavor with the mushrooms! The vegan cream cheese was the perfect addition, great recipe!
My family is surely going to love this! Thanks for the recipe!