Vegan Red Curry Quinoa Salad
Who says Salad Night has to be all about lettuce? Not me! If I’m going to make a meal out of a salad, it needs to be substantial and filling!
This Red Curry Quinoa Salad fits both of those requirements.
And it’s super easy.
Begin with tri-color quinoa and then pile on cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper, radishes, scallions, and avocado tossed in a store-bought red curry sauce and you’ve got a hearty and healthy meal on the table in around 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Vegan Red Curry Quinoa Salad:
- quinoa – I like to use the tricolor variety; it makes for a pretty presentation
- cabbage slaw mix
- red bell pepper
- prepared red curry dressing – Trader Joe’s makes a good one.
How to Make Vegan Red Curry Quinoa Salad:
To a small saucepan, add 1 cup water. Bring to a boil then add quinoa.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until water is absorbed.
To a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, cabbage slaw mix, red bell pepper, radishes, avocado, cilantro, scallions, and red curry dressing. Lightly toss to combine.
Serve warm or room temperature.
More recipes to try:
Lentil Curry – Serve over wild rice for a hearty and healthy dinner that is on the table in about 30 minutes!
Vegan Lentil Meatball Stroganoff – Homemade, pan-seared lentil meatballs tossed in a vegan sour-cream-and-mushroom sauce and served over wide fusilli pasta for classic comfort food deliciousness.
Wild Rice & Garbanzo Bean Soup – Wild rice combined with fresh vegetables and garbanzo beans in a broth spiced with turmeric and thyme – We love this soup on a rainy day!
- 1/2 cup tri-color quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup cabbage slaw mix
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup radishes sliced into quarters
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup red curry dressing or to taste
- To a small saucepan, add 1 cup water. Bring to a boil: add quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- To a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, cabbage slaw mix, red bell pepper, radishes, avocado, cilantro, and scallions, and red curry dressing; toss to combine.
- Serve warm or room temperature.