Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip
The classic beer cheese dip has gone vegan!
Perfect for Oktoberfest, game day, movie night, or anytime you need a crowd-pleasing appetizer; you just can’t go wrong with a beer and cheese dip.
Serve with big, salty Bavarian pretzels or try it drizzled over burgers on pretzel buns.
Don’t forget to add a chilled pint of your favorite beer for the full-on pub food experience at home.
Vegan Pub Style Beer Cheese Ingredients
You will need:
- Vegan cream cheese – I like Kite Hill or Tofutti brand.
- Vegan cheddar cheese – Daiya or Violife work well with this recipe because they melt smoother and easier than other brands I’ve tried.
- Garlic – Fresh is best but you can also substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Beer – I used Yuengling lager although I think a pale ale or even a stout, if you want to go really bold, would work well here, too.
- Cornstarch – An equal amount of arrowroot powder would also work.
How to make Vegan Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip:
It’s super easy; I would even dare say this recipe is fool-proof.
STEP ONE: First, the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and beer go into the blender and are blended until smooth.
STEP TWO: Next, add the cornstarch and blend again until it is incorporated.
STEP THREE: Then pour into a prepared 5″ ramekin dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Can I serve this dip right away?
Absolutely! Serve it hot from the oven, warm, or even room temperature.
More Oktoberfest Recipes You’ll Love!
- Vegan Sausage and Sauerkraut Stuffed Potatoes – These potatoes stuffed with vegan bratwurst, cheese, and sauerkraut are hearty enough to stand as a meal on their own!
- Blackened Seitan Philly Cheesesteak – Big, bold, and packed with robust flavor – this is a vegan Philly cheesesteak experience worthy of the City of Brotherly Love!
- German Style Carrot Dogs – Pan-charred with smoky barbecue seasoning and served on toasted pretzel buns with spicy brown mustard and a mixture of sauerkraut and sweet relish, these carrot dogs are the perfect addition to your vegan Oktoberfest menu!
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces vegan Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a high-speed blender, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and beer. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Add cornstarch and blend again to incorporate.
- Pour cheese mixture into a prepared 5-inch ramekin dish. Bake, uncovered 25-30 minutes, until bubbly. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.
Join My Newsletter
Signup to get all my latest recipes delivered right to your inbox every week!
Made this tonight for my Omni friends along with soft pretzels and they were over the moon! I used kite hill cream cheese and daiya shredded cheddar. They said they wouldn’t have guessed it was vegan if I hadn’t have told them. Will definitely be making this again soon. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
I love it! I feel like this dip is made for soft pretzels! Thank you so much! 🙂
Yessss! This makes the perfect game day snack with some soft pretzel bites. They are so delicious together. Thanks for the idea!
Soooo yummy! Nobody would ever be able to tell that it’s vegan. I used a strong IPA which I think gave it lots of flavor and would recommend that over a light beer.
Thanks, Amanda! This dip is one of my favorites to serve non-vegans. It surprises them every time!