Mexican Slaw ~
A cilantro lime coleslaw that is ultra light, healthy, and ready to serve in about 5 minutes!
I love how easy this slaw is to make with just 6 simple and fresh ingredients
I also love that it is made with absolutely no mayonnaise or yogurt.
This keeps the dish light and crisp; perfect for making ahead of serving or taking to potlucks.
What to Serve With Mexican Slaw:
This slaw pairs exceptionally well with enchiladas, burritos, fajitas… any kind of Mexican-inspired dish, really.
It’s also great as a topping for tacos and burgers!
Ingredients, Tips, and Substitutions
- coleslaw mix – This is purely for convenience. You can always shred a head of cabbage and a handful of carrots yourself for a homemade mix.
- red onion – Use a mandoline to get the slices extra thin.
- jalapeno pepper – Adds a nice touch of heat. Leave it out if it doesn’t suit your style.
- lime – Gives the slaw a citrusy tang. Add more or less depending on your taste preference.
- cilantro – Adds a touch of herbaceousness to this citrusy slaw.
- salt – For a fun variation, try using chile lime salt. I like the one from Trader Joe’s.
How to Make Mexican Slaw
Mix all the ingredients together. Into a large bowl, mix together the coleslaw mix, red onion, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Want More Mexican Recipes? Try These!
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Into a large bowl, mix together the coleslaw mix, red onion, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.