Easy Roasted Okra
Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best!
This okra is delicious as a simple side dish or appetizer and, aside from the flavor brought out by roasting, what makes it so great is:
- This okra is baked; not fried and
- when it’s finished roasting, there is absolutely no sliminess to the vegetables whatsoever.
I’ve never been a fan of the slime factor with okra (who has, right?) and that is no longer an issue with this cooking method and the #1 reason roasting is now my go-to way of preparing okra.
Pro tip: When selecting your okra, look for firm, brightly colored pods that are no more than 4″ in length (shorter pods tend to have less slime to begin with) and are without bruises or soft spots.
- 1 lb. fresh okra
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Remove caps and slice okra into 1/3? thick pieces
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste
- Onto a baking sheet, spread okra in an even layer. Bake 10-12 minutes
- Serve warm