Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Breadcrumbs
A company-worthy pasta dinner with in-season flavors of roasted Brussels sprouts and lemony, toasted Panko breadcrumbs for a crisp, light touch on top that is super easy to toss together!
We begin with roasting the Brussels sprouts. Meanwhile, the breadcrumbs are toasting and the pasta is cooking.
The Brussels sprouts are then cooked with white wine and garlic, tossed with the cooked spaghetti, then topped with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes. Dinner is done.
See? I told you it was easy. 😉
A company-worthy pasta dinner with in-season flavors of roasted Brussels sprouts and lemony, toasted Panko breadcrumbs.
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- Zest of 1 medium size lemon
- 1 16-ounce package spaghetti
- 1/2 cup dry white wine1 clove garlic, minced
- vegan Parmesan cheese, grated
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Toss Brussels sprouts lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil, Add salt and pepper, to taste. Onto a baking sheet, spread Brussels sprouts in an even layer. Roast 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- To a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. When oil is hot, add breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden in color. Remove from heat and toss with lemon zest. Remove breadcrumbs to a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions and set aside.
- To the skillet used for breadcrumbs, add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. When oil is hot add roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Add white wine, remaining 1 tablespoon sea salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Continue cooking another 2-3 minutes, until wine is reduced by half.
- To the Brussels sprouts mixture, add cooked spaghetti. Toss to coat well.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes. Serve warm.