Vegan Ravioli in Spinach Pesto Alfredo Sauce
Today, I’m sharing a new favorite way to kick up a package of store bought ravioli in about 30 minutes.
This recipe combines fresh ravioli with an easy, cheesy homemade vegan pesto Alfredo sauce and fresh spinach for an easy and decadent dinner that my family devoured. Add a simple side like spinach salad or garlic bread and you’ve got dinner!
Ingredients for Vegan Ravioli in Spinach Pesto Alfredo Sauce:
- vegan cheese ravioli
- unsalted cashews
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- baby spinach leaves
- vegan parmesan cheese
- vegan mozzarella cheese
- vegan pesto
- Italian flat-leaf parsley
- red pepper flakes – optional
How to make Vegan Ravioli in Spinach Pesto Alfredo Sauce:
Want more Pasta Night inspiration? Here are a few of our other recent favorites:
Vegan Ravioli in Spinach Pesto Alfredo
- 9- ounce package vegan cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5- ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- For the Pesto Alfredo
- To a small pot, add cashews and enough water to cover 1". Bring to a boil for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. Do not return to pot yet.
- To a medium skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onions. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes, until softened, Add garlic and cook anaditional 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Into a high speed blender, add water, cashews, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Puree on high 2-3 minutes, until consistency is very smooth.
- Into the pot used to cook ravioli, pour in the alfredo sauce. Turn heat to low then add spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, and pesto. Adjust seasoning to taste with additional salt and pepper. Continue heating on low, stirring frequently, until spinach leaves are wilted and sauce has thickened slightly. Do not boil!
- Fold in cooked ravioli and gently toss to coat.
- To Serve:
- Spoon ravioli into pasta bowls, sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes, and serve hot.