Spicy Grilled Cauliflower with Adobo Dipping Sauce
Easy, crowd-pleasing kabobs seasoned with a Cajun-inspired blend of spices, perfect for camping or easy grilling at home.
Homemade adobo dipping sauce provides a little extra kick for those who like to turn up the heat!
Serve over Cilantro Lime Rice for a pretty color combination and nice balance of bold and lighter flavors on the plate.
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turbinado sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a food processor or blender, add vegan mayonnaise, 4 whole chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and lime juice. Blend until sauce reaches a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, garlic powder, salt, sugar, thyme, oregano, cayenne, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, place cauliflower florets. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Add spice blend and toss again to coat evenly.
- Thread cauliflower onto 4 skewers and place on grill. Close lid and cook, approximately 8 minutes on each side, until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Remove from heat, brush with additional adobo sauce,
- Serve warm or room temperature.