Cilantro Lime Rice
Simple and subtle… this easy rice offers the perfect complement to bigger, bolder flavors such as those found in hearty and spicy enchiladas or fajitas.
Most recently, I served this rice alongside tacos dressed with a robust sauce of chipotle chiles and adobo seasoning and the light cilantro and lime flavors struck just the right balance.
Another dish that pairs well with the rice is this Spicy Grilled Cauliflower with Adobo Dipping Sauce.
We actually have a little bit leftover from the other night so as part of my attempt to waste less food (what a concept, right?), I’m planning to repurpose this rice for dinner tonight by adding jerk seasoning and black beans for some Caribbean-inspired wraps. Maybe even add some grilled pineapple…
P.S. For times when you want a little more kick, check out this salsa-based 5-Ingredient Spanish Rice recipe.
Simple and subtle... this easy rice offers the perfect complement to bigger, bolder flavors such as those found in spicy enchiladas or fajitas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- To a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add rice and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is softened and fragrant.
- Add vegan chicken broth, lime juice, and sea salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cilantro leaves and lime zest. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve warm.