Vegan Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip
The classic beer cheese dip has gone vegan.
Perfect for Oktoberfest, game day, movie night, or anytime you need a crowd pleasing appetizer; you just can’t go wrong with a classic cheese dip.
Serve with big, salty Bavarian pretzels or try it drizzled over burgers on pretzel buns. Serve alongside a chilled pint of beer for the full-on pub food experience at home.
Vegan Pub Style Beer Cheese Ingredients:
- Vegan cream cheese – I like Kite Hill or Tofutti brand.
- Vegan cheddar cheese – Daiya works well with this recipe because it melts smoother and easier than other brands I’ve tried.
- Garlic – Fresh is best but you can also substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Beer – I used Yuengling lager although I think a pale ale or even a stout, if you want to go really bold, would work well here, too.
- Cornstarch – An equal amount of arrowroot powder would also work.
How to make vegan beer cheese dip:
It’s super easy; I would even dare say this recipe is fool-proof.
First, the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and beer go into the blender and are blended until smooth.
Next, add the cornstarch and blend again until it is incorporated.
Then pour into a prepared 5″ ramekin dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Can I serve this dip right away?
Absolutely! Serve it hot from the oven, warm, or even room temperature.
More Oktoberfest inspiration:
Vegan Sausage and Sauerkraut Stuffed Potatoes – These potatoes stuffed with vegan bratwurst, cheese, and sauerkraut are hearty enough to stand as a meal on their own!
Blackened Seitan Philly Cheesesteak – Big, bold, and packed with robust flavor – this is a vegan Philly cheesesteak experience worthy of the City of Brotherly Love!
German Style Carrot Dogs – Pan-charred with smoky barbecue seasoning and served on toasted pretzel buns with spicy brown mustard and a mixture of sauerkraut and sweet relish, these carrot dogs are the perfect addition to your vegan Oktoberfest menu!
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces vegan Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a high speed blender, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and beer. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Add cornstarch and bland again to incorporate.
- Pour cheese mixture into a prepared 5-inch ramekin dish. Bake, uncovered 25-30 minutes, until bubbly. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.