Whole Grain Mustard Mashed Potatoes
Creamy and buttery; just like regular mashed potatoes but with the added kick of coarse, whole grain dijon mustard. And what a difference that one little ingredient makes! This savory side dish is super easy and ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
These potatoes pair exceptionally well with grilled vegan brats and seitan roasts making them right at home on your Oktoberfest or St. Patrick’s Day menu.
Favorite recipes to pair with Mustard Mashed Potatoes:
Glazed Corned Seitan Roast – Homemade seitan with a sweet mustard glaze and pickling spices – perfect for vegan Reuben sandwiches or your St. Patrick’s day roast!
German Style Carrot Dogs -Pan-charred with smoky barbecue seasoning and served on toasted pretzel buns with spicy brown mustard and a mixture of sauerkraut and sweet relish – perfect for a vegan Oktoberfest!
Simple, savory, and ready to serve in under 30 minutes. A perfect addition to the Oktoberfest or St. Patrick's Day menu!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1". Set heat high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat down to medium and continue cooking until potatoes are fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain well. Return potatoes to the pot. Add butter, almond milk mustard, salt, and pepper. Mash to desired consistency and serve hot.