Vegan 7-Layer Party Dip
So, football season is upon us, apparently, which really only means one thing to me – game day food – and we all know you can’t go wrong with the classics, right?
Here, the ever popular layer dip gets upgraded to vegan status with seven tasty layers of savory taco-spiced refried beans, an easy homemade guacamole, vegan sour cream, crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, black olives, and green onions.
Set it all out with a big bowl of tortilla chips and dig in… Now it’s a party!
The classic party dip, vegan style!
- 2 - 15-ounce cans vegan refried pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 large avocados
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups vegan sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups black olives, sliced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- For the beans: To a medium size mixing bowl, add refried beans, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano.
- For the guacamole: To a medium mixing bowl, add avocados and mash with a fork to desired consistency. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt.
- Into a 9” x 13” serving dish, layer refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve chilled or room temperature.