Hearts of Palm Lobster-Style Rolls
Labor Day Weekend is upon us, friends!
How will you be spending the unofficial last weekend of summer?
Super easy to make and bursting with all the flavor of a traditional lobster roll, these hearts of palm rolls are the perfect vegan addition to your menu!
We devoured these along with fresh corn on the cob for a light and tasty late summer dinner outside.
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 - 16-ounce jar hearts of palm, drained and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 New England-Style buns
- 4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- To a large skillet over medium high heat, add vegan butter. When butter is melted, add hearts of palm. Saute 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add red pepper, yellow onion, and garlic; continue cooking 2-3 minuted, until softened. Remove from heat.
- To a medium bowl add vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, cayenne pepper sauce, tarragon, celery, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add hearts of palm mixture and toss gently to coat.
- If serving chilled, refrigerate at least one hour.
- To serve, layer lettuce into toasted buns. Add hearts of palm mixture then top with a sprinkling of scallions and Old Bay seasoning.