Vegan BBQ Baked Beans
Remember how I was all, “Summer’s coming!” in my last post? Well, I may have been prematurely excited because it’s still cold but that is not stopping me from looking ahead to summertime and all the classic picnic and potluck favorites we love, including these baked beans.
There is just something about BBQ-anything that makes me only want to serve it in warm weather and this has been my go-to baked beans recipe every summer for years now.
What I love about this recipe is its crowd-pleasing simplicity, perfect for a Father’s Day or 4th of July get-together with the family. You start with two cans of baked beans but then give them a little a gourmet kick with the addition of a few ingredients you likely already have on hand.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans baked beans
- 1/2c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4c yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2c ketchup
- 1 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, stir all ingredients until well blended. Pour into a prepared 8"x8" baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour, uncovered, until sauce is thickened.
- Garnish lightly with a little parsley and serve warm or room temperature.