Cajun Spiced Stuffed Mushrooms
Hi! Welcome to This Wife Cooks!
Today, I’m sharing a super easy appetizer bursting with flavor! Stuffed mushrooms is definitely one of my go-to appetizers because I love that the filling can usually be made a day or two in advance.
With these guys, you can control the heat to make them as mild or spicy as you like; it’s all in the heat of your peppers and seasoning.
If you’re wondering, can I make these vegan? Of course you can! But…. I personally don’t recommend it. My experience has been that vegan cream cheeses can be tricky when it comes to baking. As great as they are cold, I just haven’t found one that doesn’t get way too soft when baked.
That said, I’m guessing you could try a two-step approach by baking the mushrooms on their own and then stuffing with the cream cheese mixture. I haven’t actually tried this but it seems like it would be fine, right?
Want to stretch the filling a bit beyond six mushrooms? Stir in a tablespoon or two breadcrumbs and/or add a small handful of sharp cheddar. Enjoy!
- Cajun Spiced Stuffed Mushrooms
- Author: This Wife Cooks
- Serves: 6
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 T yellow onion, diced
- 1 T green bell pepper, diced
- 1 T red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 T parsley, chopped
- 6 medium size cremini mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. add onion, green pepper, red pepper, and jalapeño. Cook, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and Cajun seasoning. Continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese and parsley.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom. Bake 12-15 minutes.