Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Just when I thought we were past the pumpkin-everything time of year, I found a can of pumpkin in the pantry….
My initial plan was to make these into bars (which, technically, is what we’re starting out with here) but then at the last minute, decided to get creative and used a cookie cutter to shape them into perfect little circles. A minor presentation detail but I’m pleased with the way it turned out. Plus, Littlest One and I had fun sampling the cheesecake “scraps”.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pecan chips + extra for garnish
- 5 Tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 - 8oz.package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and pecans. Add butter and mix together until crumbly.
- Press mixture into a prepared 8x8 baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To the mixing bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer on Medium speed until it reaches a frosting-like consistency.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and allspice. Continue mixing until fully combined.
- Pour over crust and bake 45-50 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and cool completely before refrigerating at least 2 hours.
- Cut into individual portions. Press extra pecan chips into the sides, top with whipped cream, and serve chilled.