Slow Cooked Vegan BBQ Sliders with Coleslaw
At last, it feels like summer is on its way! We’re celebrating these early days of summer with one of our seasonal favorites – BBQ… And we’re doing it vegan style!
Temperatures are hitting the 80s, I’m wearing shorts almost daily, and we’re on our third watermelon of the season. It’s actually warm enough today that I’m planning to serve dinner out on the back deck this evening and I’m pretty excited about it.
With the classic combination of BBQ and coleslaw together in one bite, these little sandwiches are like a taste of summer. And they’re so easy! Serve with a side of corn on the cob and you’ve got yourself one tasty meal!
Check out my Vegan Sloppy Joe Sliders for another deliciously vegan comfort food meal!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest for lots of recipes and ideas.
- 1 - 9-oz. pkg. vegan chicken strips, (recommend Beyond Meat), thawed in the refrigerator
- 1/2 bottle barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 TBSP brown sugar, packed
- 1 TBSP vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider or rice vinegar
- 5oz. pkg. coleslaw mix
- Begin with the chicken:
- Place the strips in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the bbq sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over strips. Toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coleslaw:
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder, and apple cider vinegar. Stir until well blended.
- Add coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is ready:
- Remove strips to a cutting board and use forks to shred.
- Pile onto toasted slider buns along with the coleslaw and serve.