Vegetarian Cheese Steak Pizza
My husband and I have been on a bit of a gluten-free kick lately. Reducing our wheat intake really hasn’t been difficult; more inconvenient than anything but still not a big deal. Gluten-free breads and are definitely an acquired taste for me and I had been quite frustrated lately with the pizza crusts we tried. Some were tolerable and one in particular was like eating cardboard.
So, I wasn’t sure what to expect she I tried a mix for this recipe last night. Turns out, it was pretty good. My husband even commented that our dinner was “the best gluten-free pizza” we’ve had yet.
A few notes:
* For the crust, I used Bob’s Red Mill
* The gyro meat was Viana (vegan alternative)
1. Preheat oven to 425*
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onions and green pepper, sautéing until crisp tender. Add the gyro meat and toss until combined. Sprinkle in a little steak seasoning, to taste.
3. Place crust on a pizza stone and top with approximately 1c mozzarella.
4. Add the gyro mixture and top with the remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake approximately 15 minutes, or until crust is golden.