Risotto – In the Microwave!
I tried this for the first time last night and it came out perfect! It’s delicious as is but could also be jazzed up further with mushrooms or maybe sun-dried tomatoes. Everyone loved it and there were no leftovers! Definitely making this one again:
3 TBSP butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 vegetable broth
1 c. Arborio rice, uncooked
3/4 c. white wine
1/4 c. fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. Combine butter, garlic, and onion in medium size casserole dish. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
2. Heat broth separately until hot but not boiling; about 2 – 2 1/2 minutes.
* I just use a glass measuring cup for this step.
3. Add rice and broth to the butter, garlic, and onion. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes.
4. Stir in white wine. Cover again and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese and serve.