- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups long grain white rice rinsed
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- 2 lemons juiced (or 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
Into a large sauce pan over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook 3-5 minutes, until softened.
Add rice, orzo, and garlic. Cook 2 minute, until orzo is lightly golden in color, stirring to coat thoroughly.
Pour in broth, lemon juice, and dill. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is cooked through.
Adjust seasoning to taste, gently stir in parsley, and serve.
Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 483mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 909IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg