- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 7 ounces canned green chiles chopped
Into a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, add the butter.
When the butter is melted, add the rice, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add chicken-style broth, corn and green chiles. Stir just until combined.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Fluff gently with a fork and serve hot.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 719mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 617IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg