- 15 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add drained chickpeas. Mash with a potato masher until the consistency is smashed but somewhat chunky. Or use a food processor to save time and chop the chickpeas quickly.
Add the celery, red onion, vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, dried dill, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
Pile onto toasted bread and serve right away. Or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg