- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 13-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups mushroom broth
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped, for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the potatoes begin to soften.
Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking for an additional 1 minute.
Add the kale. Stir to combine and cook 3 minutes, until kale is slightly wilted.
Stir in the cannellini beans, coconut milk and mushroom broth. Bring just to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened and heated through. Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle with chives, and serve hot.
Calories: 656kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 1085mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 19479IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 5mg