- 3 15- ounce cans black-eyed peas drained, rinsed, and mashed to semi-chunky consistency
- 8 ounces vegan Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Into a medium-size mixing bowl, add the black-eyed peas, Cheddar cheese, pickled jalapenos, onion, butter, garlic powder salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
Spread mixture into an 8x10-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 735mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 6mg