Vegan Tuscan Style Soup
We love hot and spicy soups on cold nights. So, yesterday evening, as the snow was falling outside, we were all sitting around the dining table enjoying a wonderful, Tuscan soup with spicy vegan sausage, cannellini, and garbanzo beans, potatoes, spinach, garlic….. it was all just so very good.
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 cups vegan chicken-style broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 ounces vegan spicy Italian sausage
- 3 large potatoes cubed
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch fresh spinach rough chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- vegan Parmesan cheese shredded
- Remove casing from sausage and crumble into a large pot.
- Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat.
- When sausage is almost done, add garlic and continue cooking 1 minute.
- Add broth, potatoes. Boil until potato is cooked. Stir in beans.
- Add spinach. Continue boiling until spinach is lightly wilted.
- Remove soup from heat, stir in evaporated milk, and season to taste.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.