Mushroom and Feta Crostini
On a recent date night, my husband and I enjoyed a fabulous appetizer at a local restaurant. It was toasted bread, feta, mushrooms – so simple and so tasty!
And, it turns out, super easy to recreate at home!
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 scallions, chopped
Add wine and balsamic vinegar. Stir while liquids are reduced slightly.
- 1 large baguette cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces vegan feta room temperature
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms thin sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 scallions chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the oven.
- Allow bread to cool down and spread goat cheese, to taste, on each piece.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking another minute or so.
- Add wine and balsamic vinegar. Stir while liquids are reduced slightly.
- Stir in scallions and remove from heat.
- Top each crostini with mushroom mixture and serve warm.