I don’t know what it is lately, but I have been craving the simple and delicious flavor combination like crazy! Sandwiches, salads, pizza… it was only a matter of time before pasta went into the mix. Good thing I love caprese-anything because I now have quite a bit of fresh mozzarella in the fridge, thanks to a recent Buy 1 Get 1 sale at Whole Foods.
This was a super easy dinner that I threw together in no time last night.
fresh basil for garnish
1. In a medium pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander and set aside.
2. In in same pot, over medium high, heat olive oil and add diced onions. Cook approximately 1 minute before adding the garlic and thyme. Cook and stir another 1-2 minutes, until mixture is softened and fragrant.
3. Pour in the vegetable stock and continue cooking until liquid is reduced almost half.
4. Add the pasta to the pot. Then, gently stir in the spinach, tomatoes, and mozzarella; allow to heat through approximately 1-2 minutes.
5. Season to taste, garnish with basil, and serve hot.