I have made these sliders twice and both times they were practically inhaled by my family. Be sure to get smoked Gouda, not regular – I’m convinced that’s what put these little guys over the top for me!
1. Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Heat about 1/2 tsp. olive oil and add the onions. Stir and cook until caramelized; takes just a few minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Brush both sides of mushrooms with remaining olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with paprika, onion powder, and black, pepper,
4. Heat a prepared indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes on each side.
5. While the mushrooms are cooking, lightly toast the slider buns in the oven.
6. Just before mushrooms are finished, brush with barbeque sauce and top with the smoked Gouda: allow the cheese to get nice and melty.
7. Assemble the sliders: On each bun, place a cheese-covered mushroom and top it with onions and guacamole.. Serve immediately.
*For a little extra BBQ flavor, I like to brush the buns with sauce prior to assembling.