Baked Spaghetti Pie
Today, I’m sharing a recipe for one of my family’s new favorite options for Spaghetti Night!
The original plan for this meal was to make my own spaghetti sauce but then lack of key ingredients (and zero desire to pack the kids up for a trip to the market during rush hour) sent me on the semi-homemade route with a good quality jarred spaghetti sauce.
It worked great and I would not hesitate to take that shortcut again especially after watching my family inhale this pie like they hadn’t eaten all day. It’s pretty rich and filling so if you want to serve something on the side, I would recommend a light salad.
- Baked Spaghetti Pie
- Author: This Wife Cooks
- 12 oz. capellini thin spaghetti pasta
- 2 T olive oil divided
- 1 - 11 oz. pkg. Beyond Meat vegan ground beef crumbles
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded & divided
- 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese divided
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce divided
- 2 T parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add beef crumbles and cook just until heated through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add additional 1 T olive oil. Saute onions 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente consistency according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- To the pasta pot, stir together cream cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Toss pasta with the cheese and sauce mixture until evenly coated.
- Press the spaghetti mixture firmly into a prepared deep-dish pie plate. You may have a little leftover, or enough to make two, depending on the depth of your dishes.
- Top with remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce, then with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.