Get a taste of New Orleans right at home!
These sweet, chewy, pecan-laced confections are easy to make, require only a handful of ingredients, and come together in minutes!
Laissez les bon temp rouler!
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup pecan halves
- To a medium non-stick pot over medium heat, add turbinado sugar, white sugar, vegan sour cream, light corn syrup, and baking soda. Stir frequently until combined and sugars are dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Continue cooking, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 240 degrees F. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vegan butter, vanilla bean paste, and pecan halves.
- Onto a prepared baking sheet, drop mixture by spoonfuls, 2 inches apart. Allow to cool completely and serve at room temperature.