Brussels Sprouts and Apple Tart
Today, I’m sharing a new recipe created for Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry.
This recipe yields two tarts by cutting one sheet of Puff Pastry dough in half but you could totally just make one big one using the same instructions.
Here, savory and sweet flavors of the season come together in one “wow-worthy” appetizer that is sure to impress!
Easy and elegant, this bright and flavorful tart is ready to serve in under 30 minutes. In other words, it looks like you spent way more time in the kitchen than you actually did.
Don’t you love it when you can add a little something special without even really trying?
Don’t worry, it’ll be our little secret. 😉
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry thawed according to package directions
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut Puff Pastry Sheet lengthwise down the middle. Place both pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and bake 15 minutes.
- To a large skillet, over medium high heat, add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring frequently 3 minutes. Add fresh thyme, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Continue cooking 1 minute, until heated through.
- Remove Puff Pastry from oven and press down slightly. Arrange apple slices evenly over the surface of both. Top with equal amounts of Brussels sprouts.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or room temperature.