Vegan Sloppy Joe Sliders
Boots and sweater weather is finally here!!
As I’m typing, the windows are open and a chilly breeze is wafting through the house. Leaves are beginning to change colors and fall to the ground. And I bought my first pumpkin this morning. 🙂
These sliders are definitely a family favorite and, for whatever reason, I always crave them during the fall. With the exception of swapping out the previously-used ground beef for a better meatless alternative, the recipe has remained unchanged for years and we love it!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes and ideas!
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 - 9oz. pkg. [url:1]Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles[/url]
- 1/4c onion, chopped
- 1/4c green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 3/4c ketchup
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add the beef crumbles, onion, and pepper. Cook until heated through and vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to Low and allow to simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over toasted slider buns and serve warm.