Vegan Chicken and Pesto Spaghetti Bake
After a full and thoroughly exhausting afternoon at the pool with our girls and friends from around the neighborhood, I needed something semi-quick, and with ingredients already on hand for dinner last night and this fit the bill perfectly. The recipe is loosely based on a chicken spaghetti recipe, here, that I have used for years and has gradually evolved from meat-based to vegetarian.
I also make my own “cream-of” soups these days. That’s right, we’re getting fancy around here. 😉 The super easy recipe for homemade vegan cream of chicken can be found here and yields the equivalent of one regular size can of soup.
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 pkg. vegan chicken (recommend Beyond Meat)
- 1 lb. pkg. dried spaghetti
- 1 can vegan cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup coconut creamer
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup basil pesto, or to taste
- Prepare the cream of chicken soup as directed. Remove from heat until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In large skillet, heat 1 TBSP oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Remove to a cutting board; shred and set aside.
- Place spaghetti in a pot of boiling water and cook until it reaches al dente consistency, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream of chicken soup, milk, garlic salt, pepper, and pesto. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- In large mixing bowl, cooked spaghetti, cooked chicken, and pesto sauce.
- Pour into prepared 9”x13” pan. Bake, covered, 20 - 30 minutes.