Veggie Muffins – Toddler Approved and Gluten Free
Hi! Welcome to This Wife Cooks!
Today, we’re making stealthily healthy muffins everyone in the family will love!
Our 3-year old will try just about any vegetable placed in front of her. She doesn’t necessarily love every vegetable we introduce her to though and zucchini is definitely on her list of least favorites. That is, when it’s baked or sautéed or whatever. But… offer her zucchini in a warm, sweet (sugar-free) muffin and she’s all over it! We made these together so she was aware of all the vegetables going in, even the zucchini, but was just so excited we were baking in the first place that it didn’t matter. 🙂
This recipe yields 12 full-size muffins:
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small sweet potato, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 TBSP honey
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; stirring just until blended.
- Spoon into prepared 12-muffin tin.
- Bake approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until golden