Our New Favorite Pumpkin Pie
My pumpkin pies have definitely evolved over the years. I followed the recipe on the Libby’s can forever and the pies were good but a little on the boring side. Then came a few years of folding in meringue and topping with pecans, which we all agreed was superior to the pies from the back-of-the-can days. But then, this happened.
- 2c cooked pumpkin, pureed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½c heavy cream
- ½c sour cream
- 1c raw brown sugar
- 1 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 - unbaked, deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425° Place pie crust on a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all filling ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed until well blended and smooth.
- Pour filing into the pie crust.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight; long enough for it to chill throughout. Serve cool or room temperature.