Hint of Coconut Cookies
Even my non-coconut eaters raved about these cookies! It may seem like a lot of coconut but for some reason, the flavor is pleasantly mild and not at all. And the texture
is just the right amount of chewy goodness!
Here’s the recipe:
1 1/4c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
1/2c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 c. flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on medium speed until smooth.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
5. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut.
6. Roll into 1″ balls and place on a cookie sheet a few inches apart.
7. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and allow it to chill for about 30 min.
8. Remove from the refrigerator straight to the oven. Bake for approximately 12 min. or until lightly toasted.